HOW TO ASSIST A MEMBER IN FILING A GRIEVANCE PDF
The following FCEA members serve on the Grievance Committee. They are to provide support to site reps and members.
Leanne Linares: Co-chair email@example.com
[RC] 9-12/Cordova HS
Jeannette Sansenbach: Co-chair firstname.lastname@example.org
[Folsom] K-6/ Sandra J.Gallardo ES
Pam Ball email@example.com
K-6/Rancho Cordova ES
Angela Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
See you site representative if you are a member needing assistance regarding a potential grievance. The following steps should be taken:
1. Document the date/time the incident occurred with as much information as possible about the incident.
2. Note the specific contract provision that has been violated.
3. Contact a Grievance Committee liaison [above] with the information to review the issue and determine whether there are grounds to begin the grievance process.
4. If a violation of the contract is believed to have occurred, and if the grievant has not already conferred with the supervisor regarding his/her concern, advise the grievant to schedule an informal conference with the supervisor as soon as possible. The grievant has a right to have the site rep attend the informal conference and the rep has a right and is encouraged to be there.
5. If the grievant is not satisfied with the outcome of the informal conference, provide the grievant with a copy of the FCEA/FCUSD Grievance Form [available on the FCEA website]. Instructions for filing the grievance and the subsequent appeals process are outlined on the form. [Step One of this form MUST be submitted within 10 working days of the informal conference with the supervisor]. MAKE COPIES OF THE SIGNED GRIEVANCE FORM FOR YOUR RECORDS AND FOR THE GRIEVANCE COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON.
6. Notify and send to the Grievance Committee Chairperson for your area, a copy of the grievance form that was submitted.
7. If the site rep and grievant determine that the incident is not grievable, please complete the FCEA Concern Form [available on the FCEA website] and forward it to the Grievance Committee.
*** PLEASE NOTE THE STRICT TIMELINES FOR FILING AND APPEALING GRIEVANCES.