February 2020. NEGOTIATION NEWS
- Budget Workshop February 27 at the ESC Boardroom 4:00-5:30 pm–Come and give input to the budget process. Ask the Board and the district to put students first!
- Teachers were 44.28% of the total outgo and we are now 37.47%
- The Bargaining Team has asked the district to put us into the budget. “0” is not acceptable.
- From the survey: Nurses would like clinical experience to count year for year; SLPs would like reduced days
- Elementary Common Planning Time–Debbie would like to put a group together to develop a survey of elementary teachers so we can get input. Please let her know if you would like to be part of this group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SEPT. NEGOTIATION NEWS
Reports on Committees:
1. Leaves Committee – The association and the district are working together to make our Leaves of Absence language easier to understand. Article 9 has been reordered from most commonly used leaves to least commonly used leaves. A supplemental handbook will be developed to give examples and explanations of the various types of leave available to bargaining unit members.
2. SPED Committee – The SPED committee met after bargaining and discussed the bargaining survey results. The committee agreed that it will be necessary to gather additional information from the bargaining unit members regarding SPED.
3. CTE Committee – The committee needs to schedule their next meeting.
Budget Forum: October 24 from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. (School Board meeting to follow) – Please join your FCEA colleagues and participate in the Budget Forum. This is our opportunity to give input into the district budget and let the School Board know that teachers need to be a priority in the budget! Everyone will have an opportunity to have their voice heard.
To read more click HERE to read the latest on Negotiations