COMPENSATION AND RELATED BENEFITS: GENERAL PROVISIONS:
The Folsom Cordova Unified School District has established a five-class single salary schedule based on training, years of experience, and professional growth. (Copy attached).
Initial placement on the salary schedule shall be made on the basis of training and experience.
- All outside experience for which a credential is required, whether sequential or on an interrupted basis, will be credited on a one (1) step for one (1) year experience basis to a maximum of nine (9) years experience. The maximum experience allowable, therefore, will place the teacher on the tenth (10th) step of the salary schedule.
- All experience within the District for which a credential is required will be credited on a one (1) step for one (1) year basis.
- To receive longevity step credit, a credentialed employee must have worked 75 percent or more of the required workdays of the school year for which such credit is granted.
- One-half year’s credit will be given for service within the District for less than 75 percent but more than 50 percent of the required workdays of the school year for which credit is granted. This credit shall be cumulative to whole years.
- A year’s credit will be given for working within the District for less than 75 percent of the required workdays if: 1) the employee is employed for two successive years and, 2) has served in excess of 75 percent of the total required workdays for both years.
- Credit on the salary schedule will be given for substitute teaching if the teacher substituted in the District 130 days or more in a given year. A maximum of one (1) step on the salary schedule may be granted for substitute teaching. One-half year’s credit will be given for substitute teaching within the District for less than 130 days but more than one-half of the school year. This credit shall be cumulative to a maximum of one (1) year.
- Credit for college level teaching will be granted if it is comparable to 3/4 of a full time assignment as defined by the college.
- Only those units earned from accredited institutions or approved District in-service, after the degree has been granted, will be credited towards salary advancement.
ADVANCEMENT IN CLASSIFICATION:
A. For the term of this Agreement, advancement on the salary schedule will be made on the basis of evidence of units earned furnished by each certificated employee. Units for advancement on the District salary schedule shall be approved by the District Personnel Office.
1. Salary schedule credit may be granted for units received from District in-service workshops.
2. Credit may be granted for units received from accredited institutions under the following guidelines:
a. Units related to major or minor
b. Units related to the development of a new teaching major or minor
c. Units related to credential additions or modifications
d. Units recommended by the principal/designee
e. Units related to a Masters’ degree or Doctorate degree program
f. Units related to current assignments
3. Application for credit shall be made by submitting official transcripts or grade cards by October 1st.
4. Units shall accrue from year to year until sufficient units have accumulated for a salary schedule class advancement.
5. If a teacher disagrees with the District’s decision on approval of units for salary schedule advancement, the teacher may appeal to a Credit Evaluation Committee, whose decision shall be final.
a. The Committee shall be composed of two (2) teachers chosen by the Association and two (2) administrators chosen by District administration.
A. For the term of this Agreement, increments are granted annually based on satisfactory performance until the last step on the class is reached. Vertical movement on the salary schedule is limited to one step per year.
B. All teachers and other certificated personnel must have served seventy-five percent of the annual required days of service to qualify for the annual salary step increase.
C. All certificated personnel on an extended sick leave (5 month differential) as a result of a work-incurred accident or illness shall count those days as days of service.
THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES ARE SET FOR FILING OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS OR OFFICIAL GRADE CARDS FOR SALARY ADJUSTMENTS:
A. July 1- June 30 contracts: June 1st is the last day for receipt of units for adjustment effective July 1st.
B. September 1 – August 31 contracts: August 1st is the last day for receipt of units for salary adjustment effective September 1st.
C. October 1st is the last day for receipt of official transcripts or official grade cards for salary adjustment for the current school year. Units submitted past this deadline shall not be used for salary advancement for the current year.
All units submitted before the deadline that meet the requirements for salary advancement shall be credited and reflected on the November payroll to be received by the employee on November 30th.